Government Polytechnic Curchorem is implementing the scheme Community Development through Polytechnics(CDTP) sponsored by Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India from the year 2010-2011. The following constituencies such as Curchorem, Sanvordem, Sanguem, Cuncolim, Quepem, Shiroda & Ponda comes under this scheme.
The main objectives of the scheme are:
1. To carry out Need Assessment Surveys to assess the technology and training needs.
2. To impart skill development training to the intended target groups.
3. To disseminate Appropriate Technologies for productivity enhancement.
4. To provide Technical and support services to rural masses and slum dwellers.
5. To create awareness among the target groups about technological advancement and contemporary issues of importance.