Under the apprenticeship Act 1961 industries are required to provide apprenticeship training for duration of 1 year for diploma holders during which they receive stipend at the rate of Rs. 1160/- per month. Half the amount is reimbursed by the BOAT (Board of Apprenticeship Training), Western Region. The number of seats for such training depends upon the size of industry.
The Institute has it training and placement cell which does the following:
- Apprises the student of any job opportunities available. Arranges campus interviews, and interviews at offices of different industries for training and placement as apprentice trainee / regular appointments
- Placement of students of Mechanical Engineering (sp. Refrigeration and Air Conditioning) who undertake a short term industrial training.
- Liaisons with industries in the surrounding areas for the purpose of training and placement. The Institute has excellent rapport with nearby industries like Chowgule Mining Industry, German Remedies, Radisson, Taj Exotica, Majorda, Pentair, Cipla, Cidade de Goa, Marriott, Reliance power corp..
- Get implant trainees evaluated with the help of industry personnel
- Arrange visits to the industries for the students during the academic year
- Arrange for experts in any fields to give a talk to the students on technical or General topics
- Co ordinate training programs for technical and non technical staff
- The training and placement cell has a feed back system to which pass out students of various branches are assisted, advised and guided for various job opportunities and avenues of career advances.